DNPod 014: Art & Justice Part Three – Margins
As I continue to explore the connections between art and justice I question the usefulness of the image of “margins” in helping us seek justice. The essay considers “white savior” movies, the parable of the good Samaritan, advent stories, and car wrecks.
Related D&N articles:
- Art & Justice Part One: Inside
- Art & Justice Part Two: Imagining Justice
- Lynching Today: Reflections on “The Cross and the Lynching Tree” by James Cone
- Gentrification, Self-Segregation, & Reconciliation
Find the original blog post at DesigningandNeighboring.com.
Support Designing and Neighboring by:
- Contributing a small amount monthly through Patreon.
- Rating and reviewing the podcast on iTunes.
- Sharing the podcast or the blog through your social media of choice.
- Signing up for my quarterly D&N email updates.
- Follow me on Facebook or Twitter
You can also:
- Contact Kelly through Facebook or Twitter or by using this form.
- Download free ebooks of various longer D&N essays.
- Find out about books in progress.
All music is by Nori. Most is from their World Anew album.
In this episode:
Intro music: “Footprints”
Interludes: “The Garden”
Used with permission.
Find Nori at NoriBand.com, at Band Camp, or on Facebook.